Hey there! I’m Christa. SO glad you are here.
This is a place for keeping it real. Always.
Once I read about a lady named Hagar in Genesis who had an encounter with God. She was in awe, telling Him “You are a God who sees me“.
That moved me deeply towards the work you see here today. Every word, every photograph, is a reflection of gratitude for a God who sees me.
And He sees you.
That is why I write as transparently as I know how, because I have been seen, known in a deep and fulfilling way. And I want you to know, that is available to all of us.
He sees you, and so do I.
Consider this an open invite to come alongside me in this exploration of life. Subscribers receive blog post updates, occasional newsletters, and exclusive content. No spam, period.
Random things about me:
- I am all about people. Especially tender-hearted about the people who we’d rather ignore. The invisible population
- I am not a morning person. Please don’t call me in the morning. I probably just went to bed. For real, I see 3 am far too often
- My most meaningful post, personally, is here
- Color makes me happy. Drab makes me irritable
- I love the rain. I get crazy excited when a storm blows in. When Fall arrives and when the snow comes. Except for tornadoes…
- Jesus changed my life in every way possible
- I have been with my husband since I was 17. Now we have a child that age. Yikes
- Me taking pictures makes my immediate circle nuts, but I am amazed by the details of life I see only through my lens
- Homeschooling was never on my radar but changed my world in remarkable ways. The best gift
- Body image issues plagued me for decades. Never again. Even with chronic pain issues, I can still be thankful for this body. I am thankful, everyday. Speaking of bodies, this post about Melanoma was one of this blog’s highest ranking
- The wisdom of aging, to me, is priceless
- This should go without saying, but I don’t have it all together. Please never assume otherwise. But we do tend to put each other on a pedestal, allow me to remove myself now. I am a professional staller, then work like crazy under pressure
- My most controversial post was about depression. I share it because I believe in encouraging each other
- Abandoned buildings and cemeteries call to me, begging to be noticed. My imagination kicks into overdrive
- Laughing is just the way we like to get on with life around here
- But sometimes I laugh to cover up the feelings of confusion over things that remain in question
- Parenting and marriage are hard work but they are the greatest joys of my life
- No surprise, I am all about relationship. Here is a PDF to help you cultivate that in your world with 40 Questions
- Friends and family make me smile. I count myself fortunate in these special ways
- Making mini books and fast art projects give me quick gratification. I like that in an artistic pursuit. Short attention span (read:impatient) …and repurposing? Love it
- I am a supreme Nester. Saying goodbyes and restarting life, again and again, brought some hard life lessons to the forefront. This tendency makes me super sentimental about things like letters and stuff that belonged to people I love. Heck, even sentimental about strangers!
- I flip-flop between super calm and, well, not. Like when people only talk surface stuff and are reluctant to feel safe to share what is really going on in their world. Life is sure sweet when we try to be understanding about others
- On that note, overcoming fear is a constant journey for me. I refuse to stay there, in that scared place. I am here to live, on purpose.
- Faith is everything to me, my compass. I didn’t use to have that, so I get it when people are unsure about God. He can handle the questions…
- It makes my husband nuts that I love Christmas so much. Enough to listen to the music year round
- Whew, still here? Thank you! I’ll end with this thought— it scares the bejeebers out of me to share so much of my life out here in the open. The good, the bad and the really ugly. But, I am an optimist. Change can start with one person telling a story
Who needs another newsletter or email?
In this case, perhaps you do.
Because this is where encouragement comes – where your soft place to land and take a breather comes right to you...
Information on this website may be copied for personal use only. No part of this website may be reproduced, stored, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, scanning, or otherwise, except as permitted under Section 107 or 108 of the 1976 United States Copyright Act, without the prior written permission of the author. Thanks for respecting my work. If you see something you’d like to use, please contact me. I am happy to work with you!
Ready to embrace an imperfect life? Get your free 5 day Happiness Challenge, with easy to incorporate tips direct to your inbox, shifting your perspective from overwhelm to amazement. Plus, a bonus printable checklist!
Subscribers also receive exclusive material-all designed to help YOU pursue a life well-lived.